NFI Corp’s USA flag labels make us proud for many reasons – going into space is just one.
Whenever we walk by the poster in our office, signed by NASA, we still pinch ourselves. It’s hard to believe that an NFI Corp product – USA flag labels – went to space. It’s true! Our USA flag labels were applied to a NASA probe called CONTOUR, on a mission to gain insight into the nature of comets.
Here are fascinating facts about this NASA probe:
- A NASA Discovery-class space probe, the Comet Nucleus Tour (CONTOUR) launched on July 3, 2002, from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
- CONTOUR’s mission was to fly near two periodic comets: Encke and Schwassmann-Wachmann. Plus, Scientists sought to identify a new comet in the inner Solar System, with hopes the probe could do a flyby. The goal was to learn more about the characteristics of comet nuclei.
- Constructed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, it had anoctagonal prism shape. This diminutive spacecraft measured only 7 feet tall by 6 feet long.
- The shield on its leading face, designed with 4 layers of Nextel™ fabric and 7 layers of Kevlar™, was built to allow CONTOUR to withstand the nearly 30 kilometer-per-second velocity flybys of comets. Substantial protection was needed, since the spacecraft would be subjected to high-velocity particles ejected from the nuclei of the comets.
Here, the CONTOUR probe is being prepared for launch. Notice the USA flag label on the gold rim, provided by NFI Corp. Photo provided by NASA.
Like NASA, you can rely on our high-performing labels.
We’re pretty sure your company is NOT launching probes into space! However, like NASA, you may require durable, long-lasting labels that you can depend on.
Many of our customers – such as military/government organizations and industrial manufacturing companies – have demanding environmental conditions that nearly rival outer space. NFI Corp USA flag labels must endure challenging environments such as saltwater immersion, intense heat, and shockingly cold temperatures. Click HERE to learn about the variety of labels we offer that will meet your specific needs.
Why use USA flag labels on your products? Because buyers choose products made in the U.S.
If you’re located in the United States, we’re pretty sure that you’re proud to be a U.S. company – and proud to be creating quality products. (We’ve been proudly producing American-made labels since 1975.)
When products are made in the USA – and display USA flag labels – this speaks volumes. When buyers see a Made in USA label, they choose to purchase that product because they know it:
- Uses high-quality materials
- Is manufactured by a skilled team
- Meets (or exceeds) certain quality standards
Here’s down-to-earth information about complying with the Made in USA standard.
Did you know the Federal Trade Commission has specific guidelines to help American businesses comply with its Made in the USA standard? Here are a few key points:
- For a product to be called Made in USA, the product must be “all or virtually all” made in the United States.
- The term “United States” includes the 50 states, District of Columbia, and U.S. territories and possessions.
- A “qualified” Made in USA claim describes the extent, amount, or type of a product’s domestic content or processing. It indicates that the product isn’t entirely of domestic origin. Here are examples:
- “60% U.S. content.”
- “Made in USA of U.S. and imported parts.”
- “Couch assembled in USA from Italian leather and Mexican frame.”
Visit the US Federal Trade Commission web page to learn more about complying with the Made in USA standard and what you need to know about making Made in USA claims.
Show your pride – and spur sales – by adding USA flag labels on your products.
Call us at (800) 999-8900 to order USA flag labels and Made in USA labels for your products – or ask for FREE SAMPLES. When you talk with our trained customer support reps, you’ll appreciate their product knowledge, attention to detail, and service attitude. Also, when you call NFI Corp, it’s helpful to know that our entire team – from customer service to production – is located in our facilities in New Bedford, Massachusetts. Nothing is outsourced!